Otorhinolaryngology Department is headed by Consultant Mr Tengku Mohamed Izam Bin Tengku Kamalden who is also the head of department otorhinolaryngology consultant. He is supported by three medical officers who has undergone sub Otologi speciality and 3 other medical officers. This department is also supported by other supporting officers consisting of 2 Medical Assistants, 3 staff nurses, an attendant and an Administrative Assistant
- Hearing Rehabilitation
- Speech RehabilitationOBJECTIVES
The Department’s planning is to establish an effective patient care services in meeting the needst ORL patients.
- Provide outpatient treatment to patients who visit ORL specialist clinincs patients who are admitted.
- Provide treatment services for referral cases. In addition also provides consulting services to coordinate ORL services.
- Provide surgical services for ORL cases and provide health education to patients. Provide treatment to recovery treatments to patients permulihan requiring the services of a hearing test, screening and hearing rehabilitation.
- Provide ‘Speech Therapy’ and speech rehabilitation services.
- Performed the first cochlear implant surgery in the southern region and also a source of reference for this operation.
- Advanced Training Centre for Post Graduates.
- Otology Sub Speciality traning centre ( Skull Base Surgery).
- The first hospital in Johor conducting Universal Newborn Screening. Implementation of ‘Staggered System’ is done progressively.
- To create a Vertigo Centre in Hospital Sultan Ismail, in addition to providing speech therapy to patients who has undergone surgical implant hearing.
To upgrade :
- Early detection and rehabilitation of children suffering from lack of hearing.
- Confirmation and management of ORL treatment in the early stages.
- Provision of Audiology and rehabilitation. Provision of ‘Speech Therapy’ treatments. ORL treatments is developed in district hospital (Mersing District Hospital) and medical officers must be placed together so that they will get the ORL basic treatment training benefit.