Transfusion Medicine Unit, Pathology Department, Sultan Ismail Hospital began operations in 2006, known as the Blood Fund Unit. Blood donation activity was initiated at the Hospital Blood Pressure Unit starting August 1, 2006. The activity was also conducted in mobile areas around Johor Bahru beginning in November 2006. Transfusion Medicine Unit continues to grow with the increase in blood donation and blood distribution to patients. The scope of the services provided is also widespread with the mission to ensure the safety of blood donors and benefit the blood receiver.
• Responsible for collecting, processing, storing and supplying blood to patients
• Providing efficient, accurate and quality Transfusion Medicine diagnostic services
• Provide safe and adequate blood and blood components • Ensure optimum patient care through appropriate blood and product use
• Provide transfuse clinical consultancy services
• Regulate blood usage and hemorrhaging aspects of donors, blood transfermers and hospital staff involved