Physiotherapy Unit operates by receiving referrals from other disciplines in HSIJB and Specialist Clinics. Patient management includes a comprehensive assessment of the condition of the patient, documentation of the evaluation, planning of treatment programs and implementing treatment based on the method selected from the combination treatment of Manual Therapy, Therapeutics Exercise and activities or learning functionality, Thermotherapy, Mechanotherapy, Hydrotherapy, Electrotherapeutic Equipment, Biofeedback, Phototherapy, Chest Physiotherapy, learning in patients and guardians and home programs and re-evaluation and documentation on the effects of the treatment.
LOCATION AND WARD STRUCTURE
Unit Physiotherapy is located at level 3, is part of the Department of Rehabilitation Unit other than Occupational Therapy Unit.
- To provide a comprehensive Physiotherapy treatment as well as physical, mechanical, electrical and hydrotherapy treatment
- As a referral centre and source of information on physiotherapy services for areas that do not have physiotherapy services such as Kota Tinggi, Pasir Gudang, Masai, Plentong and Ulu Tiram
- To provide consultation on physiotherapy aspects to the medical staff, patients and the public
- Provide training for members of the Ministry of Health, College of Physiotherapy trainees from the Ministry of Health Malaysia and the trainees of Physiotherapy from UiTM & UKM
- Assessment which includes muscle strength, muscle tonus, mobility of joints, neuromotor control, sensation, proprioseption, pain posture, “GAIT”, balance, coordination, and evaluation of respiratory functional status.
- Therapeutics Exercise include passive, active assisted, resisted Exercises for ‘musculoskeletal dysfunction’, ‘neurological disorders and other conditions with the aim to improve joint mobility, muscle length, strength, coordination and function.
- Joint mobilization / manipulation techniques.
- Group treatment for legs, shoulders, back/spinal, neck and stroke.
- Specific protocol and regime for the lower and upper limbs,spinal, neck and neurological respiratory rehabilitation.
- General fitness and activity programs in accordance with conditions like asthma, hypertension, diabetes, obesity and the elderly.
- Heart Rehabilitation Program.
- Geriatric Rehabilitation Program.
- Rehabilitation programs for sports and training endurance.
- Isokinetic exercise for upper and lower limbs and waist..
- Counselling and training in the use of Orthotic Prosthetic, Prosthetic and assistive devices eg. Crutches, walking and other mobility aids.
- Specific and general breathing exercises, postural drainage for patients with pulmonary dysfunction.
- Soft tissue manipulation.
- Elektroterapi untuk mengurangkan sakit , bengkak dan mempercepatkan proses penyembuhan
- Physiotherapy services rendered in all disciplines in the hospital where most patients are treated in the wards concerned. Patients who require electrotherapy and rehabilitation equipment services in the gym and stable patients will be brought to the Physiotherapy Unit for more effective treatment.
- Services provided include evaluation and documentation of assessment, treatment planning and implementation of treatment by reassessment and progress evaluation.
- Treatments include one or a combination of the following:
- Specific treatment techniques such as Neurodevelopment therapy, PNF, passive mobilization, Motor relearning program.
- Ambulasion with or without aids.
- Formulation exercise program at home.
- Patient education counselling.
- Arrange an appointment to the patient after the discharge if necessary.
- Effective participation in community rehabilitation if needed.