Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care HSIJB began operations in 2006. Divided into five main branches of service, the department is committed to the service before, during and after surgery.
- Pre-Anesthesia Clinic
- This clinic operates daily (weekdays only) except for Friday from 2:00PM and 5:00PM. This department is responsible to ensure that the patient is in suitable condition before surgery.
- Anesthesia for elective surgery cases and emergency cases in Operation Theatre.
- Intensive Care Unit ( ICU )
- Located on Level 5 next to the Theatre. Began operations in December 2006, now 10 beds is opened to cater for critical patients.
- Acute Pain Services
- Acute Pain Services is given to most of the surgical cases performed at the Theatre after anesthesia. The period is given to patients between 1-3 days of Patient controlled analgesia, epidural infusion, intrathecal morphine or subcutaneous morphine are given to patients for the period of 1 – 3 days.
- Pain Clinic
- Operates every Monday and Tuesday at 8 am – 5 pm. Conducted by Pain Specialist and assisted by a Staff Nurse. It is responsible in giving advise to patients.