- Rehabilitation Medicine service was initiated since 19th June 2009. The rehabilitation department is located at level 3, with the specialist clinics, admission and revenue units on the left and geriatric wards 1 and 2 adjacent to it.
- Rehabilitation Medicine Department consists of :
- Rehabilitation Medicine Unit
- Physiotherapy Unit
- Occupational Therapy Unit
- Provision of specialized rehabilitation medicine services are as follow:
- Spinal Rehabilitation
- Amputee Rehabilitation
- Paediatric Rehabilitation
- Oncology Rehabilitation
- Spasticity assessment and management including Botulinum Toxin injection
- Assistive Device prescription
- Wound Management
- Rehabilitation Medicine ward 9B consists of 8 beds currently to cater for patients who require active inpatient rehabilitation.
- Interdisciplinary discussion between rehabilitation unit staffs, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and nurses would be conducted in order to formulate the optimal rehabilitation plan for all inpatients referred for rehabilitation.
OPERATION SCHEDULEREHABILITATION MEDICINE SPECIALIST CLINIC
|MORNING (8.00 am – 1.00 pm)||
EVENING (2.00 pm– 5.00 pm)
|SUNDAY||Wound Management/ Botulinum Toxin Injection Clinic||General Rehabilitation Clinic|
Amputee Rehabilitation/ Specialized Seating Clinic
Spinal Rehabilitation Clinic
Paediatric Rehabilitation Clinic/ Specialized Seating Clinic
|WEDNESDAY||Return to Work/ Paediatric Rehabilitation Combined Clinic||Interdiscplinary Discussion|
|THURSDAY||General Rehabilitation Clinic|